SUPERMAN: THE ULTIMATE MAX FLEISCHER CARTOON COLLECTION [DVD] [1941-1943]
Up in the sky! Look! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Superman!
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Animation & Shorts
The 17 original animated Technicolor cartoons, based on the comic book character, Superman, released by Paramount Pictures, were shown monthly at movie theaters, from September 9th, 1941 to July 30th, 1943. Each cartoon is brimming with action and special effects, beautifully drawn and colored, braced with fabulous background paintings and brought to life with realistic movement. The first superman cartoon is considered by many to be a masterpiece if animation art. It was deservedly nominated for an Academy Award. These cartoons are seen as some of the finest, and certainly the most lavishly budgeted, animated cartoons produced during the Golden Age of Hollywood animation. Created especially for this series is the now-classic exclamation; Up in the sky! Look! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s Superman!
- Behind the Cape: A synopsis of each cartoon with fun facts
- Bonus cartoon - SNAFUPERMAN (1944 - Warner Bros, wartime parody of the Fleischer cartoons)
- Bios of the voice actors, producer and Superman
- Bonus Superman trailer for the Superman serials (1948) starring Kirk Alyn
- Digitally Restored
- Recorded Phone Interview with the Voice of Lois Lane
Region All Regions
Audio Dolby Digital Mono
Aspect Ratio 1.33:1 / 4x3
Rating Not Rated